The uncial alphabet, is currently used now, mainly as a decorative script on road signs, street names, shop signs and elsewhere in Ireland. Although this calligraphy hand did not originate in Ireland, it has become the lettering of the land.
- What is the Uncial hand in Calligraphy?
- What are the specific pen techniques for the Uncial hand?
What you will learn from this section:
- Distinguish the different details, techniques, and characteristics for the Uncial hand, and how they differ from the Roman Hand.
- Know the multicultural history behind the Uncial hand.
- Know the different writing mediums used in the Uncial historical art period
- Develop the hand eye coordination and writing skills.
- Create a successful Greeting Card, using the details, techniques and characteristics of the Uncial, with a twist of their own artistic influence.
Designed by Lindsey Almeida
Last Update: 04/21/2015
MSET: This project contains academic projects meant for student learning. This site is not for profit and does not imply endorsement by any company or educational institution.