Welcome to Calligraphy! We are going to begin by learning the Roman Hand. This hand is very important for a few reasons, first the pen techniques and strokes that we learn for this hand, will also be used for the other hands. Second, it is a great first hand to learn, since many of the strokes are easily put together to create a letter, simply put, a great hand to learn first! Pictured above is an example of Roman Hand Calligraphy. Each day, we will be covering something different, whether it be a stroke or technique, and we will be combining these to create the Roman Hand! I hope you enjoy yourself while we begin this journey.
- What is the Roman hand in Calligraphy?
- What are the specific pen techniques for the Roman hand?
What you will learn from this section:
- Distinguish the different details, techniques, and characteristics for the Roman hand
- Know the multicultural history behind the Roman hand.
- Know the different writing mediums used in the Roman historical art period
- Develop the hand eye coordination and writing skills.
- Create a successful final project, using the details, techniques and characteristics of the Roman hand, with a twist of their own artistic influence.
Designed by Lindsey Almeida
Last Update: 04/21/2015
MSET: This project contains academic projects meant for student learning. This site is not for profit and does not imply endorsement by any company or educational institution.